You can make farts a joke or think of them as dirty things that you shouldn’t talk about. But farts actually have a few facts that need to be known. Farts are a sign that the body is functioning properly to remove digestive waste from the body. Here are some unique facts about farts that you should know about, as reported by the Women’s Health Mag.
- Odorous farts usually occur because someone swallows air into the system digestion.
- Healthy foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, and almonds that contain lots of sulfate cause a fart odor that is getting rotten. Substances in sulfur called mercaptans, usually found in meat and dairy products, can also cause unpleasant fart odors.
- The average person farts 10 times a day.
- Within 24 hours, one person can emit more than two liters of gas fart.
- Excessive symptoms can indicate problems in the intestine and stomach, such as gluten intolerance and milk products.
- Men are more likely to fart than women. Probably because they eat faster than women.
- Chewing gum or sucking on sweets can make you fart more often, according to the American College of Gastroenterology.
- Often see farts that can burn when set on fire? That really can happen.
- The greater the dirt that comes out during bowel movements, the slower the sound of farts coming out.
- People who have large anus canals also usually have lower fart sounds. The strength of the sphincter muscles in the anus determines how well you can hold farts.
Those are some unique facts related to farts. Knowing the facts above, you will certainly be careful when eating something and can interpret what happens when you find the smell of farts that are too rotten. It could be the cause is the food you just consumed or a problem with digestion.